The above circular images are fisheye frames from animations created to be projected in domes. I am a resident artist at Vortex Immersion Media and I thus have access to use their downtown dome which I have used to create about 5 different fulldome animations. Some of these animations have been accompanied by live performers. I often create prints from the individual frames from all of the animations I create to be played in domes. I also find they are wonderful projected on walls as circle movies. Everything except the oil paintings and the 1 photograph were digitally created.
The digital programs used were TouchDesigner, Autodesk Maya, and After Effects
www.vimeo.com/audri to see more of my work
- “Nano Bouquet” this is a full dome frame from , “Relentless Beauty” an animation designed to be played in a dome. This accounts for the fisheye form it is in. It is a digital frame created in AutoDesk Maya a 3d program. The animation has been played in festivals around the world. It was first played at the Vortex Immersion dome in downtown Los Angeles.
- “Digital Feathers” A full dome frame from the animation“Relentless Beauty”
- “Feather Sails” this is one frame from an animation for a stereo VR piece called “Feather Sails”
- ”Organic Grid” An animation frame from a video projected during a dance performance of “searching for Hope” by Maura Townsend's company “Project21” the digital animation was created in TouchDesigner and After Effects.
- “Rocket Stars” A full dome frame from the animation“Relentless Beauty”
- “Lost Dog” an oil painting on a 4 by 8 foot wooden panel
- “Meditative Trap” A full dome frame from the animation“Robot Prayers”
- “Rejoice” an oil painting on a 4 by 8 foot wooden panel
- “When” an oil painting on a 4 by 8 foot wooden panel
- “Feral Bits Lady” A frame from one of the the animations in “Robot Prayers”
- “Umbrella Carnival” A full dome frame from the animation“Migrations”
- “Layers of Vision” a photograph
- “Salutations” frame from one of the animations for “Robot Prayers”
- “Robot Moods” frame from one of the animations for “Robot Prayers”
AUDRI PHILLIPS is an immersive media specialist, visualist/3D animator and writer based in Los Angeles. She is currently directing her transmedia project, “Robot Prayers”.